Become part of a new travel community
Create an online travel journal to share with friends and family. Show them your route, the places you've visited, your photos and your thoughts. Include #RE in the description and you can become part of a rail travel community and let others be inspired by your trip, as well as getting ideas for your next adventure. We’ve teamed up with social travel network MobilyTrip, to bring you an easy way to do just that. To celebrate, we’re offering you the chance to win one of three pairs of Global InterRail passes!
MobilyTrip is an exciting new tool that allows you to develop your travel journal on-the-go using your smartphone. Just download the free app and simply add your photos, thoughts and impressions of the places you visit. The best bit is that you can create the journal offline, so you won’t need to worry about those costly data-roaming charges.
When you do get a Wifi connection, just synch the app on your ‘phone with the MobilyTrip website, and your friends and family can follow your travels. You can even let your ‘phone’s inbuilt GPS track your route – don’t forget, GPS is free to use, even when you’re abroad.
For more information, and to download the free app for your smartphone, visit the MobilyTrip website.
Check out the journal created on our recent InterRail trip with greentraveller.co.uk for inspiration and to see how it really works.
To celebrate our new partnership we want you to share your experiences of European rail travel with others to inspire future travellers and help them plan their trips. Make your journal fabulous and you could win one of three pairs of InterRail passes for travel in 2013.
All you need to do is upload your travel journal to MobilyTrip, including #RE in the description. Make your journal as interesting and insightful as possible – include your top tips on the best trains to take, the best cafés for people watching in the sun and the best bars and clubs to dance the night away. Maybe you’ve found an unspoilt beach, the best patisserie ever or a gem of a market stall – share them and inspire others follow in your footsteps.
Journals must be uploaded by 30 September 2012 and must include #RE in the description to be entered. The best journals will be chosen in three ways – most Facebook likes, best journal as voted by your Rail Europe Social Media team and best journal as selected by a guest judge. Full terms and conditions of entry can be found below.
So, if you’ve already got this summer’s holiday to Europe sorted, get to the MobilyTrip website and download the app. If you haven’t booked a holiday yet, then head to our destination guides and inspiring itineraries and get planning!
Terms and Conditions
- All entries received before midnight on 30 September 2012 will be entered into the competition. Entries received after this time will not be entered.
- To be eligible, the journal must contain #RE in the description.
- Only entries from UK addresses will be eligible for the competition.
- The 3 winning journals will be the entry with the most Facebook likes, the best journal as voted by the Rail Europe Social Media team and the best journal as voted by a guest judge.
- The winning journals will be announced on Friday 12 October 2012.
- Acknowledgement of the prize must be received by 31 October 2012.
- Every reasonable effort will be made to contact the winner. If a winner cannot be contacted within 14 days of the close of the competition, the prize may be awarded to another entrant.
- The prize is a pair of first class 10 days in 22 days InterRail Global Passes.
- There will be three pairs of passes available to win.
- The prize does not include travel to the UK departure station, travel insurance, seat reservations, accommodation or other miscellaneous holiday expenditure.
- The prize must be booked before 31 October and travel started by 31 December 2013.
- Passes can be booked a maximum of 90 days in advance of the first day of travel.
- There is no cash alternative or exchange.
- The prize is non-transferable.
- This competition is only valid for those aged 18 or over.
- Rail Europe reserves the right to change or withdraw the competition and/or prize at any time.
- Persons employed by Rail Europe Limited, MobilyTrip and their families or agents will not be entered into the competition.
- Bulk, syndicate, third party, shared or automated entries will not be accepted.
Book your train tickets with us today.Remember, the earlier you book the cheaper the fares.