You can take pets on board. Here’s what you’ll need to know if you are thinking of taking a pet on an ICE train:
- Passengers are allowed a maximum of 2 dogs or 2 pet carriers/1 dog only per pet carrier.
- Small domestic animals (up to the size of a cat) travel free. They must be in a suitable pet carrier, no bigger than 45x30x25cm and no heavier than 6kg.
- Large dogs can travel for the full child fare (which is 50% of the adult fare). They must be muzzled and kept on a lead. They must not travel on the seats.
- Animals other than this, which are not in a carrier, are not permitted on board.
- Guide dogs travel for free and do not need a ticket or a muzzle.